This Policy applies as between you, the User of this Web Site and The Climatographers the owner and provider of this Website. This Policy applies to our use of any and all Data collected by us in relation to your use of the Website and any Services or Systems therein.
1. Definitions and Interpretation
- "Account": means collectively the personal information, payment Information and credentials used by users to access material and / or any communications system on the Website;
- "Content": means any text, graphics, images, audio, video, software, data compilations and any other form of information capable of being stored in a computer that appears on or forms part of this Website;
- "Cookie": A cookie is a very small text document that often includes an anonymous unique identifier. When you visit this site, the Website asks your computer for permission to store this file in a part of your hard drive specifically designated for cookies
- "Data": means collectively all information that you submit to this Website. This includes, but is not limited to, account details and information submitted using any of our Services or Systems;
- "Service": means collectively any online facilities, tools, services, or information that The Climatographers makes available through the Website;
- "System": means any online communications infrastructure that The Climatographers makes available through the Website either now or in the future. This includes, but is not limited to, web-based email, message boards, chat facilities, and email links;
- "User" / "Users": means any third party that accesses the Website and is not employed by The Climatographers and acting in the course of their employment; and
- "Website": means the website that you are currently using (climateriskschool.climatographer.com) and any sub-domains of this site unless expressly excluded by their own terms and conditions.
2. Data Collected
Any of the following Data may be collected:
- 2.1 name;
- 2.2 job title & profession;
- 2.3 contact information such as email addresses and telephone numbers;
- 2.4 demographic information such as post code, preferences and interests;
- 2.5 financial information such as credit / debit card numbers;
- 2.6 IP address (automatically collected);
- 2.7 web browser type and version (automatically collected);
- 2.8 operating system (automatically collected);
- 2.9 a list of URLS starting with a referring site, your activity on this Website, and the site you exit to (automatically collected); and
- 2.10 Cookie information (see Clause 10 below).
3. Our Use of Data
Broadly speaking, we use personal information for purposes of administering our business activities, providing customer service, and making available other items and services to our customers and prospective customers.
- 3.1 Any personal Data you submit will be retained by The Climatographers for as long as you use the Services and Systems provided on the Website. Data that you may submit through any communications System that we may provide may be retained for a longer period of up to one year.
- 3.2 We may disclose your personal information to others to comply with a court order, law, or legal process, including responding to a government or regulatory request; to enforce other agreements, including for billing and collection purposes; or if we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect individuals’ rights, property, or safety. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
- 3.4 We may require any or all of the above Data from time to time in order to provide you with the best possible service and experience when using our Website. Specifically, we may use Data for internal record keeping; improvement of our products and services; to send promotional materials that may be of interest to you; to contact you.
4. Third Party Web Sites and Services
The Climatographers may, from time to time, employ the services of other parties for dealing with matters that may include, but are not limited to, payment handling, delivery of purchased items, search engine facilities, advertising, and marketing. The providers of such services do not have access to certain personal Data provided by Users of this Website. Any Data used by such parties is used only to the extent required by them to perform the services that The Climatographers requests. Any use for other purposes is strictly prohibited.
5. Controlling Access to your Data
- 5.1 Wherever you are required to submit Data, you will be given options to restrict use of that Data. This may include use of Data for direct marketing purposes; and sharing Data with third parties.
- 5.2 You may access your Account at any time to view or amend the Data. You may need to modify or update your Data if your circumstances change.
- 5.3 You may access certain areas of the Website without providing any Data. However, to use all Services and Systems available on the Website you may be required to submit Account information or other Data.
Data security is of great importance to The Climatographers and to protect your Data we have put in place suitable physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure Data collected online.
7. Changes to this Policy